Saturday 20 October 2012

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Title: The Host
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Star Crossed
Source: Hard Back
Pages: 620 pages
Rating: 5 stars

Available at:

Blurb: (via Goodreads)
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away.

Our world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact and continue their lives apparently unchanged. Most of humanity has succumbed.

When Melanie, one of the few remaining "wild" humans is captured, she is certain it is her end. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, was warned about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the glut of senses, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

Wanderer probes Melanie's thoughts, hoping to discover the whereabouts of the remaining human resistance. Instead, Melanie fills Wanderer's mind with visions of the man Melanie loves—Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she has been tasked with exposing. When outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off on a dangerous and uncertain search for the man they both love.

My Review:
I read this book AGES ago, back in 2008 when I was obsessed with Twilight. Now, of course, I have broadened my reading horizons and I realize how badly written Twilight was and how horribly cliche and unrealistic the whole plot was... HOWEVER The Host, the other novel Stephenie Meyer wrote, was nothing short of amazing. Rereading this book (especially at the end) I was blubbering so hard that I could barely read the words on the page. I am pretty sure there are permanent tear stains there now :p So before you criticize the book because of who the author is, and what mistakes she made in writing the Twilight series, give this book a chance. Believe me, you wont regret it.

Like I mentioned earlier, this book is truly outstanding.  This book is basically about aliens coming to earth and body snatching all the humans... a topic I stay FAR from, but this book just happen to be an (and probably the only) exception I made to the rule.You get so into the characters, especially the main character and her 'tag-along' so to speak. I decided to reread this book because I just happen to be at the movies last night and I saw that it was being made into a movie coming out mid march, 2013 I believe. When I got home, I dug through my book cases until I found which one i had stashed this particular book from and I spent six hours straight reading it. It's now 5am and I am very tired but I couldnt sleep without catching up on my blogging. Anyways, this is a definite 5 star book! 100% loved it. It's a MUST read... especially if you are interested in seeing the movie when it comes out!
   

1 comment:

  1. Great! So excited to read this...I've been meaning to start again. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete