Tuesday 17 March 2015

Broken Blood by Heather Hildenbrand

Title: Broken Blood
Author: Heather Hildenbrand
Series: Dirty Blood #5
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, YA, Werewolf
Source: ARC
Pages: 348
Rating: 5 stars!

Available at:

Blurb: (via Goodreads)
I thought watching my Werewolf boyfriend get arrested for murder was the worst experience of my life. But then I was knocked out and dragged off to a cell of my own by the very people who were supposed to protect me from danger. 

I thought being held prisoner in solitary confinement for weeks on end was the worst experience of my life. But then a visitor came, and I realized I’d been wrong all along. There are worse things than torture and death. Much worse. 

He wants my blood. More than that, he wants to get into my head. To use my bond to control his army, to wipe the world clean of anything with dirty blood. I can’t let that happen, but if I don’t he’ll kill every single person I’ve ever cared about — beginning with my Werewolf pack. 

The prophecy said I would have to make an impossible choice, but I must be doing this wrong — so far every choice I’ve made has only led to more pain and danger and death. Hunters are pitted against Werewolves and I’m alone in my war against Gordon Steppe. I can’t fight him off anymore; all I can do is try to keep him out of the important places. And I’m failing at even that.

I thought the demons were out there, clearly marked and clinging to the shadows. But they’re not. The monsters are within the ranks of those sworn to protect. The enemy is among us.


My Review:
Wow, such a great series now at an end. I must say, I am in the book mourning period right now. I can’t read anything else.

Throughout this series, the author has done a fantastic job developing her characters. She has put them in impossible situations where they have to make extremely difficult decisions and live with the consequences. As a result, you get to see these wonderful character grow from innocent, naïve kids to slightly broken, much more wise adults. Of course, Broken Blood was no exception. If anything, Heather Hildenbrand broke the envelope and put the gang through even more turmoil to grow from. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, so we will leave it at that.

Plot wise, I was extremely happy with how things happened and how the series ended. I mean, I might not have been to happy with the situations as I read through them, but that was due to some major sympathy for Tara and her whole Scooby Gang. However, I did understand the reasons for the horrible situations they were put through, and I can’t argue with the results at the end, now can I?

Lastly, on to the romantic aspect. I have always been team Wes. I understood Alex, I even loved him as a character, but with the “destiny” word being thrown around, no way was he going to end up with Tara. Man, did my team affiliations get tested in this book. I have never been so torn between two love interests (except maybe in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah Maas). I was actually routing for Alex for a few chapters in there, I knew it wasn’t going to happen, and for Wes’ sake, I didn’t want it to happen… but… I KIND OF hoped it would happen. It was quite the rollercoaster and I am still feeling the aftershocks!

Overall, a fantastic book! I hear from other bloggers that have done much more research than myself that there will be a spin off series! That sounds awesome to me! I really hope we see Alex again and that he gets his happily ever after, because, lets be honest, he’s kind of a catch ;) 5 stars for Broken Blood!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for Sharing Your Thoughts! Can't wait to read it myself!

    ReplyDelete